Monday, December 19, 2011

my antonia

Willa Cather in her novel My Antonia, well written, historical romance, offers her view of life during the pioneer time.
: How would My Ántonia be different if it were told from Ántonia's perspective?

If this was written from Antonia's view, I think it would be more emotional, easier for girls to relate to, and much funnier.
  •  How effective is Cather, a woman, at narrating a story from the point of view of a man?

  •  I think Cather narrated a story of a man very well. She captured the emotions and personality very well.

  • Does Jim sound like a man writing, or does the narrative sound like a woman pretending to be a man? Sounds like Jim, in my opinion.

  • Why do you think Jim changed the title from Antonia to My Antonia?

  • In Antonia, Jim thought of Antonia more as a friend. He realized that in My Antonia, that he loves her and that destiny brought them back together.

  • In my opinion, My Antonia is a very well written historical novel. It was hard to get in to, but once it captured your attention, I quickly stole your breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment